Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When Does Debating Theology Become Wrong?

Arminian Today asks: "When Does Debating Theology Become Wrong?"

I believe his answer to this question is great and worth a look:
So when does debating theology become wrong or sinful?
1) When I lose my zeal for Jesus and become zealous for my theological positions.
2) When I forsake evangelism for debating other believers.
3) When I isolate myself from all others because I think I'm right and everyone else is wrong (Proverbs 18:1 NKJV).
4) When I begin to view the Bible as a textbook to be studied instead of God's inspired Word meant to transform me into His image (Romans 12:1-2).
5) When I fail to be a 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 disciple especially toward those of the household of faith.
6) When I would rather read a theologian above praying and seeking God's face.
7) When the Gospel becomes synonymous with my theological positions or with my favorite Bible teacher.
8) When I begin to filtrate what I see or read by the words of a preacher or Bible teacher instead of with Scripture itself.
9) When I know more quotes by a theologian or by a book I've read than from the Bible itself.
10) When 150,000 people die each day and that doesn't break my heart because I am too busy studying my theological positions.
11) When I treat people in the world with more respect than with my own fellow disciples even with whom I disagree.

No comments: