Tuesday, December 23, 2008

CHRISTMAS SONG FOR LINDA

Here's a Christmas song I wrote in 2005 for Linda who runs the soup kitchen I volunteer at:

CHRISTMAS SONG FOR LINDA
(Currin)

The first Christmas surprise was a dirty diaper
I said the first Christmas surprise was a dirty diaper
Sometimes, you wonder how Mary felt, when she heard God cry just like her
It just goes to show how God is humble like that
To put up with all of that, all of our humanly crap
Well, we’re all just dirty diapers and even worse

But Linda, she’s as humble as humble can be
I said Linda, she’s as humble as humble can be
At the homeless shelter, she brings me my cup of tea
When the wind crackles too much and rattles my cage
And the leaves turn brown, fade and fall just like the turn of a page
Being thrown and stripped, dipped into a sea of spice, peppermint and honey

Some-days, I feel unconscious, buried, beneath the grave of all my beliefs
I said some-days, I feel unconscious, buried, beneath the grave of all my beliefs
That’s when Linda, she picks me up, pulls me off of the streets
I was just a weary-eyed wanderer, before Linda sheltered me, in her wings
Now, I’m digging down to the scratch of my relief and the wounds that heal and clean
Well, you can pick a flower and sing a song of mercy for all of your grief

Oh, the face of Jesus, it shines there, upon Linda’s rings
I said, oh, the face of Jesus, it shines there, upon Linda’s rings
A sparkling, in the diamonds of her eyes of things that have been redeemed
The sun, he shines, if just to ease your mind and echo the wind flying with a sigh
When the Winter snow comes calling, falling like shadows of you and I
This here is just a Christmas song for Linda, because she asked me to write her something





©2005 T/H Songs, INC. & GB Lyrics, CO

No comments: