Thursday, November 6, 2008

Congratulations To President Elect Obama!

This election was indeed a historical one as we not only had an African-American running for President who won in the end---but we also had a female Vice-Presidential candidate that could have been in office. I did my part to support both McCain and Obama on Facebook and in other ways---even-though, I don't really support either party. In the end though I voted against both parties on the Presidential level at least by writing in Ron Paul---I would've wrote in Jesus but since I had to vote Provisional and couldn't use the machine---I had to get my mom to help me fill in the manual ballot, because of my mild cerebral palsy. I decided not to be this out there---this time around---maybe next time. On the other levels, I spread the ballot by voting equally for Libertarians, Republicans and Democrats. Anyways, there were pros and cons on both sides of the election, but since Obama won---here are reasons that I'm glad he won:

First, now African-Americans instead of saying: "I hope to be President when I grow up"---they can say: "I can become President when I grow up" ---not only African-Americans, but other minorities as well.

Secondly, this is a step in the right direction to healing the racial divide and uniting us as all being Americans.

Thirdly, it helps fulfill Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Dream and gives minorities a chance to pursue their own New Dreams.

Fourthly, Obama will be looked up to as a hero and role model and have a positive influence not only in the African-American community, but other communities as well.

Last, but not least, Obama truly lives out the creed: " if you believe, you can achieve and once you achieve, you will succeed."

No comments: