Sunday, September 14, 2008

HIGHER SKIES

HIGHER SKIES
(Currin)

I’ve been through an empire burlesque, now, I’m looking to get back to higher skies
And it’s you, I can see God’s face reflected, in the deep dark mysterious pools of your eyes
Oh, can’t you see that pink flashing, upon the ribbon of the dawn?
You kept me hanging on, at least for the storm
Now, the tides are cutting, across the valleys hidden within the heart
Eroding the spaces, changing the faces inside and it’s you---from me I don’t want to be blown apart

Where are you, oh my love, tonight ---come forth from the rock from where you hide
I want to see you from all angles, shake and hit you from all sides
Look out your window---that nightingale calling
It’s only me---and it’s for you for whom I’m falling

In the fields of the lilies of the valley and Rose of Sharon---that’s where you and I should lie
And I’m just busy here looking to get back to higher skies
And it’s you, you are the one, whom I’m now feeling inside
Oh, you, you’ve got a hold, on me---you run, through my veins straight to my heart
And who am I, if I can’t face a day with you and I being apart?
And who are we, if we have to keep everything covered up, in the dark?

Now, there’s a rainbow---and it’s painted there, across your smile
Oh, and if you need someone---I’m willing to go that extra mile
Now, there has got to be a better way than running from all that we’ve been looking for
And who are you to lead me on---and who am I to let you down?
Now, it’s time to get to where all the hurting---nurses all those wounds mature
Where the scars crumble into one another and we rise up from the ground

Oh, but where are you, tonight, my love---come out from the tower, in which you hide
For I want to see you from all angles, shake and hit you from all sides
Oh, and I’m just sitting here looking to get back to higher skies
Now, the lion must lie down with the lamb, in the heart, where true love resides

Oh, all the lakes have now frozen---I’m trying to cross to get to you, on the other side
Now, Truth is a straight and narrow arrow, in the night, that really flies
So open up the hidden depths of your mind, let that wavelength in
Where Love is all there is and everything begins again
For I want to drink from the baptismal pools of your eyes---drink up that light
So come over here, oh my darlin’---come over here and hold me tight

Oh, where are you, oh my love, tonight---come down from the tree that you’ve climbed
For I can hear that clock ticking---I can hear those bells chime
Oh, but you keep building up walls---well, who needs walls, anyway?
For isn’t it better to see life with another---any time of the day?

All for you---I’m wet with dew---my curls are dripping with the spray of the night
Now, I don’t want to die, before I reach that place of you and I
Tell me what’s hidden, in your heart---am I a part of it or not?
Well, if not then why do you keep me hanging onto a lie---is that all you got?
Oh, I just want you to write me, on your page---you don’t have to fake up to me
I know just who you really are---and I’m just trying to get back to higher skies and be

Oh, where are you, tonight, oh my love---come down from the mountain, which you’ve climbed
For I can hear that clock ticking---I can hear those bells chime
I just want to hold you for awhile and dream within your eyes
For together, you and I can get back to higher skies

You know my soul is chasing you down, in every place that you may hide
It’s only---Dear---because it is longing to be by your side
Share a little faith---for we could be jumping, over mountains and hills
Come away, now, arise---let us be heading now and go lying, in the fields
In my dreams, I always see you here, Dear---you always appear, on a cloud of smoke
Oh, now, how I wish you were blowing, over here---for it is in you that I hope

But where are you, oh my love, tonight ---come forth from the rock from where you hide
I want to see you from all angles, shake and hit you from all sides
Look out your window---that nightingale calling
It’s only me---and it’s for you for whom I’m falling

It’s only me---and I’m trying, trying to get back to higher skies
Oh my love, you and I could now be flying, flying to get back to higher skies……..







©2006 T/H Songs, INC. & GB Lyrics, CO

No comments: