Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bill Clinton Is Now In Favor Of Same-Sex Marriage

Embedded video from CNN Video


Here is the accompanying article:
Clinton Changes Mind on Gay Marriage
AOL News
posted: 14 HOURS 36 MINUTES AGOcomments: 3301filed under: National News
PRINT|E-MAILMOREText SizeAAA

(Sept. 26) -- Former President Bill Clinton has revealed he recently had a change of heart on the issue of same-sex marriage.
In an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper Friday, Clinton explained that he still believes each state should decide whether to legalize gay marriage, but he is no longer personally opposed to it.
"I think if people want to make commitments that last a lifetime, they ought to be able to do it," Clinton said.
"I was against the constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage nationwide, and I still think that the American people should be able to play this out in debates," the former president added. "But me, Bill Clinton personally, I changed my position."
Asked what caused him to switch his stance, Clinton said he realized his support for other gay-rights issues -- such as adoption rights for same-sex couples -- didn't square with his position on marriage.
"I realized that I was over 60 years old. I grew up in a different time ... and I was hung up about it," Clinton said. "I decided I was wrong."

2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved.
2009-09-26 11:17:37
One more step forward for Baptists that support marriage equality.

No comments: